Sunday, November 10, 2013

Floral Birthday Cake

Recently my mom celebrated her birthday, so I decided that I would make her a cake. Not just any cake but a floral decorated cake. Here are the beginnings to this design. I had already baked and frosted an angel food cake that mom told me that she had wanted.


First I chopped up 1/2 of the almond bark into smaller chunks for easier melting.


                             

Microwave for 90 secs at first then 15 secs there after till melted

                           
All of my ingredients for this recipe, along with the melted bark.
  
                                                                             
 I cut leaves off of the stems and coated the backs with the melted bark








 Next I cut and coated the Lisianthus buds, setting them aside to dry.


 The Lisianthus blooms were next, being careful to cover the backs of the blooms with the bark, so the flowers would not come in contact with the cake.
 



 Now I cut apart l green hydrangea into smaller florets. Some I dipped into the bark, and then I puddled some melted bark onto the wax paper, then placed the florets into it, making a small mound.

After all my material was coated with the melted bark, it was just a matter of waiting for it to completely dry and form the protective hard shell on the back of each bloom and leaf so the floral and fauna would not come in contact with the cake.


Finally all my material is ready to be placed onto the cake.


 Now the fun begins! My frosting had hardened over night in the fridge, so I was able to place, then rearrange the flowers and leaves into a pretty design that pleased me. Trust me, I did this many times!! 




More arranging and rearranging, when I found the perfect placement, I used some of the left over melted bark to secure it to the top of the cake.




Here is the finished product!



Happy Birhday Mom!!! <3

So I bet you are wondering, what happened to those raspberries?? 
Well I ate them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment