Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Halloween Pumpkin

After our Pumpkin Patch Adventure with my granddaughter. Her selections for carving shown here.
I wanted to be creative with my pumpkin this year, not just the usual carving of 2 triangular eyes, a triangular nose and the wide open toothless smile. So this year I painted my pumpkin!! And then I carved the triangular eyes and nose, with the wide open toothless smile. I also used an led light inside so as not to burn up the additional items that I wanted to add. Using a medium sized round iglu and 3 long stakes, an Iglue on stilts if you will,  I was able to construct a water supply for my flowers and also hold up the pumpkin lid perfectly. Adding my flowers all around, placed the lid on top, turning on the light. I stepped backed and admired my handiwork.
Pretty darn cute!!! I took the decorated pumpkin up to our family pizza place and let the trick or treaters enjoy the display for the night. The next day 4 year old Addy (a budding floral designer herself) was visiting. I asked her how she liked my pumpkin. I was expecting her to be WOWED; she just loves to play with all the flowers, make her own designs and give them to her mother or anyone else who would have them. Her response was.."I'm not saying I didn't like it, but you are not supposed to paint it, or put flowers in it."  I said, "I was just trying to make it pretty". She said, patting me on the arm gently, "I know, Grandma, but you are supposed to put a face in it." I told her that I did carve out the face and I had a light!! Trying to explain to me in a very soft tone so that I would understand she said,  "It's a Jack o lantern!!." and waggling her fingers at me, "its supposed to be Spoooooky!!" So I guess for next year, I will be doing Spoooooky!! and then I will do another pretty fall themed pumpkin, just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment